Monday, June 16, 2008

MawMaw's Rolls


SO Matt's Grandmother passed away earlier this year and although I only met her a few times, everytime we got together we were like old friends. Maw Maw used to make the most amazing yeast rolls, I have her recipe and am getting closer to replicating them but Matt says I am not there yet and she is the one who taught me how to make them. Maw Maw Developed Alzheimers about 5 years ago after Grandad passed away and it was sad to see her go because we lost her long before she actually died. She was a God Fearing woman who raised 4 boys 2 who went into the ministry. and she will be missed. In honor of her, I took an old recipe card that she wrote her roll recipe on and made a memorial to her for my inlaws for Father's and Mothers Day since they live in Canada and we never get to see them, when we go to the beach next week with them we are giving it to them. I made a color copie of the aged recipe and used the last picture we had made with her about 3 years ago, so my boys are little in it. My MIL kitchen is painted in Pumpkin so I did the background in pumpkin and got a real pretty paisley paper in varying shades of green to go with it. I also added scripture at the top, John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from Heaven; if any man eat of this bread he shall have everlasting life. Matt says it does not really apply to mawmaw, but her bread could be the rolls and she raised my FIL to love the Lord with all his heart and has spent his life spreading the Gospel of Jesus, so in a way it is fitting.

Thanks for looking, keep an eye out for a few more things I am crafting away on!They are almost done!

No comments: