Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Altered Canvas


So my Sister in law had this altered canvas that she had done because she had seen them at Canton but did not want to pay a ton of money for it, she used some scrap book paper, ribbon and big wooden block letters to spell out Family, it was VERY cute. Then My sister went and did one too that was tres chic so I thought, I needed to do one and I had been trying to think of something cute or some way to put up the word CREATE in my brand new craft room and VIOLA! This is what I came up with. It is not perfect and I wish I had a bought a couple of sheets of the same paper to have more continuity to the sign, but hey, for a first timer it is not bad. I definately got the bug and want to do another and actually have an idea to alter a larger canvas and add a nice family photo to it and the word Family or some scripture about Family, if you have a good Scripture, let me know, I have not really looked yet. I plan to do it all in browns and print my family pic in Sepia tones. Not sure if I will use an existing picture I have or get Matt to take another one of us at the park soon.

Sorry if some of you have seen these on my Facebook, I won't publish all my things on Facebook, I will reserve a few for here only, it has just been easier since I was in school to post there because then I do not write a book :)

No comments: