Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Gifts







Time for another round of Teacher Appreciation gifts. Although Teacher Appreciation was last week, all the schools were out due to the Swine Flu, which is good because I spent the earlier part of last week Spring cleaning, not crafting, so on Wednesday when I decided to start crafting, i got the call that instead of getting the entire week off as earlier stated, we were having to go back on Thursday so I began these gifts but was too tired Thursday and Friday to finish them, as well as having to do my lectures as well, so I figured I would finish them this weekend, WELL that was also a bust since I threw my back out, so I drug myself to my craft room last night and finished them, well not everything, I wanted to do a couple of other things, but it hurts to sit, so I will just get by with these. The boys took them to school today and they said the teachers loved them. I hope so.

I had a bunch of the plain cardboard boxes i had gotten for free from FREECYCLE.ORG ( the best place in the world to get craft supplies, glassware to paint or frames to alter for FREE! The Matt can't complain that i was spending money on it,e specially if I turn around and sell it.) So anyway, I had these boxes lying around so I decopuaged them and then made coordinating accessories. I made altered binder clips in matching papers, if you wonder what to do with those you can use them to display a photo on you desk or hold notecards or whatever. Then I made bookmarks out of altering a paperclip, with some flowers cut out of papers and then I made a paper matchbook to display them in, what fun! These may be my new addiction next to making glass bead magnets, which I also made them. These are both so easy to do and you can make a bunch quicly, for instant gratification!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. That is all I have for tonight, I have to get Peyton into bed and begin my lectures for this week, JOY!

No comments: