Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camp Cards

Well, I have finally made a few more cards, I think I have my mojo back because I was actually getting to make something for me! The boys are leaving for camp tomorrow for 3 days and in the past when Matt has gone out of town I try to send him a card a day from me for him to read, so I thought I would do the same for the boy and include some scripture for them, especially Peyton who is extremely nervous to be away from us.

Card #1 is this one:


That tent is 3-d , I had so much fun figuring out how to fold that, but it is way cuter in real life. I used the Happy Camper Stamp set from SU

The inside scripture I included was Isiaha 43:5 Don't be afraid for I am with you and a note from Matt and I, I hope this helps Peyton with his fears.


Day Number 2:



This was done with a very old SU set called fishy friends, but I love it. The fish says Jesus Glubs You, because when fish talk they say Glub Glub! and the crab is holding a sign that says and so do I. I was going to type these out on the computer and make them look neat but Cole kept coming in and getting my computer, so I just wrote the words, too bad they would have been cuter if I could have printed them out. I wish this pic did the card justice because I made the Jelly fish irredescent with embossing powder and I used Crystal Effects on the fish and crab and to make the water bubbles, but I just don't photograph well.

The verse in this one is Proverbs 30:5 Every Word of God is True! I just wanted the boys to realize all those Bible stories and lessons they learn at camp and in Sunday school are all true stories and not just made up and how AMAZING our God is!.

Day 3 and their last day:




Are 2 different Spinner cards I made with another really old retired set of SU called Good Sport. In the Football card when you tilt the card the foot ball spins into the Goal posts and on the baseball card (Peyton's) when you tilt it the ball flies into the outfield. Again, Cole had my computer so I just hand wrote the sentiments on the front.

The verse on this one was:1 Corinthians 10:31 What ever yu do, do everything for the glory of God.

After I finished all these I then pulled out my new set that I have had for a month and made 3 more cards, but I will post those pics tomorrow! Enjoy!

No comments: