Sunday, August 2, 2009

My "Ice Cream" Cupcakes


So I was surfing some food blogs looking for a good and easy Chocolate recipe that I could take to a couples house who just had a baby and I found the "Ice Cream" Cake. Ok I hate Ice cream and cake together because the ice cream melts and my cake becomes soggy and then I just cannot eat it, it is the same reason I can stomach Trifle, Blech! I almost skimmed past this entry when I say that the pic was a Cake, so I had to look further into it. It seems this is a pretty Easy Semi Homemade kind of cake and could really be jazzed up with different flavored cake batters and exotic Ice Cream flavors, but alas, I did not want to venture out on that limb when I was making them for someone else. BUT I am thinking next time to use Cookies and Cream ice cream and put an oreo in the bottom of the muffin cup for the ULTIMATE Oreo Brownie.

Anywho, I just used a simple Dark Chocolate cake mix and a pint of melted Dutch Chocolate Ice cream, and since I was delivering these, I did not want to ice them and have the icing messed up so I sifted powdered Sugar on top of the cupcake and then injected it with my icing so it would be cream filled.

Here is the recipe:

1 Cake mix (any flavor)
3 eggs
1 pint of melted ice cream ( I think raspberry would have also been good)
1 C. water

Mix all together and pour into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes. It makes 24 cupcakes.

Cream Cheese Icing

1 8oz. block of cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 c. butter (room temp)
2 C. of powdered sugar
Mix well....YUMMY!

1 comment:

kelsie said...

yummmo!!! i think i will make these when ryan gets home. what blog did you find these on?