Thursday, April 17, 2008

With Sympathy


So, my paraprofessional, from last school years mother died on April 2nd.  She moved to a new school year this year, so none of us at her old school knew about it until yesterday when we got our districts flashpoint in our e-mail yesterday.  We are a little late, but I made a sympathy card anyway and decided since it has been a few weeks, to make it a little brighter in colors instead of so dark.  I think the sentiment says it all anyway.  Hope it is not too bright.  I plan on taking it to school in the morning to have everyone to sign it.  I love this set, Always, I just got it and I love that bird and I really see this bird on slate blue paper inked in black with black accents.  I have an idea floating around in my head, so maybe I will make it this weekend.

I used the stamp set, Always.  Red embossing on the bird and the heart and sentiment, I used versa mark on the background and stamped the branched, and I used my CB to emboss the strip acroos the top.  Had I known I was going to versa mark the background ( this was an afterthought, because it lacked something) I might not have embossed that strip. My paper colors were: really Red, Barely Banana, and bashful blue.  Anyway, hope you enjoy!

No comments: