Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspired by a dress Part II


Ok, so I made this card before we left on vacation. Like I said it is inspired by a dress I saw at Ross and have seen a couple of ladies wearing to church. It is super cute, Black and White baroque pattern, tied up under the breast, princess style with a Hot Pink Bow. SO the first time I made it, I did not measure the weaving part of the ribbon and the ribbon I used was just too small for the card and it was still missing something.

SO I decided to remake it. I got some thicker sheer Ribbon this time, in Turquoise and Hot pink, and I decided to emboss the flowers on here to add a little pizzaz. I did the turquoise in a pearly wedding embossing powder, and the pink in a silver EP, I like them both, but for a more subtle approach I think I like the pearly embossing powder best.

SU Supplies used:
Paper- Basic Black, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink
Ink- Black
Embossing- Silver and Wedding
Ribbon-$1 Bin at Walmart
Embellishments and whatnots- Sparkle Brads, Oval Punches
Stamps- Baroque Motifs

No comments: