Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Peyton is 6!


So my Baby Boy turned 6 on July 3rd and we were at the beach for his birthday with all of Matt's family, so there were 28 people there. He was worried that he would not get a party for his birthday since he was gone and the vacation started out a little stinky for him since his older brother came down with the Chicken pox the first week we were gone and he got a lot of attention and a lot of small gifts because he could not go outside to the ocean and the beach. I surprised him and ordered a cake for him in town at a local bakery, which BTW, was gross, but it looked cute. And everyone came and we had hot dogs and root beer floats and cake, BUT he got no presents, everybody gave him money to buy himself something and he ended up raking in $150 dollars, BUT we were 2 hours from the nearest Lego set or Walmart and he was bummed again. Since we have returned he has bought himself a few lego sets and is still trying to decide what else he wants, but really missed not getting real presents.



So we are having a spur of the moment Backyard Camp out birthday party for him and inviting a few of the neighbor kids. So of course I whipped up a few birthday invites for the occasion using the waterfall technique. They turned Out pretty cute, but I think they are missing something... Oh well, they already went out and I am sure 6 year old will not critique my card :) Another thing, I thought we were out of the chicken pox woods, being that it has been 12 days since Cole was contagiuous, but we are not and the past 2 days he has been a little lethargic and carrying bags under his eyes, and today he developed sniffles and a low grade fever. I Pray that is is just a little summer cold, but I feel it might be Chicken Pox, seeing as that is one of the symptoms. He will be devastated if I have to cancel his party. I checked him over tonight before he got in the shower...so far so good.

SO think of me Saturday night as I am telling goofy ghost stories to a bunch of boys outside in the backyard, roasting Hot Dogs and makin' S'mores. Pray that they will sleep outside by themselves or that Daddy will buck up and go out and sleep with them and leave me to the bed :)

No comments: