Sunday, August 17, 2008

Texas BlueBonnets




So here they are, it only took me 4 months to finish these, I think I finish things faster during the school year because I set my mind to it knowing my time is precious, but in the summer I find too many things to distract me like, turning Peyton's old Buzz Lightyear bedroom into a Medieval Castle room, it is painted and that was a feat in itself! Note to self, NEVER EVER EVER paint a ceiling Dark Blue and plan to change it later! UGH! But it is done and he can sleep in there now, we are working on a coat of arms and canopy, but funds need to replenish first! I hate having ot be a responsible adult that pays bills instead of playing with my money!

Anywho, here are the pics of the Texas Bluebonnet Tea Glasses I painted for Mom and Dad's 39th anniversary, which is on August 23. I made her a set of 6 glasses and I am going to paint her a matching pitcher too, but that will probably be for Thanksgiving, school starts next week and I may be a little busy for a while. They turned out quite well I modeled them after an actual picture of bluebonnets Matt had taken. But I find that each glass and each bluebonnet is very different, I found new ways to paint them each time I sat down to paint, but they look good.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: